Supercharged Garlic Guacamole
Guacamole is an excellent side dish for any meal. It's loaded with healthy fats, rich in fiber, and doesn't contain any preservatives or processed ingredients—as long as you make it yourself, that is.
By preparing your own guacamole, you control what goes into it. Up the flavor even more by adding a good dose of garlic. The following recipe does just that. It'll also give you a great shot of vitamin E to keep your skin, hair, and nails looking their best.
Serve this crowd-pleaser with chicken or as a dip for raw veggies instead of chips.
- 2 fruit, without skin and seed avocado
- 1 lemon yields lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 whole plum tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Place avocado meat in a bowl, squeeze the lemon juice over top, and mash together.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Keep mashing until well mixed. If you prefer no chunks in your guacamole, feel free to puree the mixture.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.